Skip to main content

Rat Poison Causes Concern for Markham Veterinarian

By April 1, 2013 February 28th, 2019 Uncategorized

Veterinarians in Markham are concerned about unidentified rat poison as this one found in the mouth of a patient in the Animal Hospital of Unionville.

We have seen a repeated incidence of Rodenticide (Rat poison) exposure in a veterinary client’s backyard in Markham. The dog came into the house with the blue poison cube in the mouth. Without the package material of the poison it is very difficult to determine what ingredient is used and therefore it is difficult to treat successfully. The exposure has been going on for a few weeks now in Markam. There is new poison found in their  yard regularly. Veterinarians in Markham are concerned.

Please be careful. Rat poison is deadly not only for rodents, but also for dogs, cats, children, and adults. It should never be placed in a location with free access.

The Markham Economist and Sun featured this story this weakend:

Markham Economist and Sun

Leave a Reply